5 Ways to Get Your Diet off to a Good Start
If you have weight to lose, except for the due exceptions of people with hormonal or metabolic problems, the cause is usually given by a series of factors that can be summarized in a sedentary lifestyle and excessive intake of calories. To lose weight, then, at least initially, it is necessary to go on a diet. Follow these five simple rules given by the best dietitian in Delhi and start your diet easily and naturally.
Five essential tips for starting a diet
There are plenty of slimming diets, some even correct and useful, but they often don’t work because those who start them are not constant in continuing them. A weight maintenance program allows those who are overweight to lose weight and not recover it anymore.
In this article we will explain how to lose weight and how to avoid losing back the pounds, we will describe the general principles of weight gain and weight loss: by following them and making a healthier life, you will be able to lose weight. Some of the best dietitian in India also deal with the causes of weight gain and the benefits of weight loss, we will teach you to lose weight by following a healthy diet and exercising, and will give you some tips to get started.
- Vary the choice of foods. No food category alone can provide you with all the nutrients you need. A healthy diet includes foods from different groups.
- Abound the diet with fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Dietitians recommend taking many vegetarian products because they contain few calories, but they are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals; they are also cholesterol-free and contain a minimum percentage of fat.
- Follow a diet low in fat and cholesterol. At most 30 percent of the calories obtained with nutrition should come from fat.
- Go easy on certain foods and drinks. Sweets, salt and alcohol, should be consumed in moderation.
- Never skip breakfast: your body needs the energy to move and to think. A healthy breakfast consists, for example, of wholegrain cereals with skimmed or partially skimmed milk.
Change your eating habits to lose weight.
To lose weight it is essential to change your eating habits, to be able to change your eating habits, it is worth remembering these two key points:
• Decrease the portions
• Increase the amount of fruit and vegetables
By decreasing the portions you can usually reduce the amount of calories you enter, an easy way to start making the right portions is to get used to eating smaller dishes.
When you eat at home, create the portions directly in the kitchen, and bring the dishes ready to the table.
If you eat outside the home, order a smaller portion
If you eat more fruit and vegetables, your stomach fills up sooner, and thus decreases the space available for foods rich in calories. Replace calorie-rich snacks with low-calorie fruits and vegetables: for example, instead of a sachet of chips that is rich in calories, you can make a crunchy snack, lighter and much more abundant in vitamins by eating a carrot or a little of celery.
You will be able to lose weight if you introduce fewer calories than what the body requires, taking 200 calories less per day, you will lose about 1 kg per month, that is more than 10 kg in a year. Losing weight gradually is better than losing it too quickly all at once. If you follow a diet that requires you to eat enough calories for your needs, you run the risk of not taking all the nutrients you need for your body, not to mention that these diets have a higher percentage of failure. Even if these diets help you lose weight, therefore, you will run a higher risk of recovering it.
Some more tips to get started on a diet easily
To lose weight and to maintain the results of the diet, you have to start off on the right foot: for example if you say to yourself “If I can only follow this diet for a few weeks, I will manage to lose two to five kilos”, you will probably gain back the weight loss. Instead, try to motivate yourself by saying, “I promise to follow a healthier lifestyle.”
Here are some behaviors and attitudes that will help you start off on the right foot.
• Prepare for a long-term commitment and permanent lifestyle changes aimed at establishing healthier habits.
• Do it for yourself, and only for health reasons. Don’t try to lose weight just for aesthetic reasons or to please others more.
• Stay with your feet on the ground and set yourself realistic goals that can be achieved calmly and gradually.
• Start thinking that the long-term benefits of a healthy diet are more important than the short-term satisfaction you get when you give yourself a portion of food that you particularly like